BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

jeudi 2 juin 2011

RR#2 - Leslie's Journal

In this book, the main event is a rape. So, I'd like to write about rape in this reading response.

The thing we don't realise is that this is a very big problem in small societies. Even cities. It's everpresent, but we don't even see the problem!

Just to support my point, did you know that in Canada, there are 733 089 rape cases per 1 000 000 people. Probably not. And did you know that Canda is ranked #5 on the most rapes chart? Pretty sad, I think. And three quarters of the people who are going to read this reading response don't even know this.

A thing that Leslie might have learned because of her rape is that you can't ignore all of your problems. Neither can you shrug or yell them away. There are some problems that you just can't shoo away by yourself. That's a fact.
Before Jason, Leslie was a very independant person and she thought that she couldn't trust anybody but herself. To Leslie, nobody cared about her. Mostly because she didn't LET anybody care about her. She didn't give her trust to anybody.

I think that the fact that she was raped made her realise that you can't just live your life by yourself. But you still have to choose carefully who you are going to live it with.

2 commentaires:

Amanda a dit...

Wow! I had no idea that Canada is ranked #5 With the most rapes. That is scary since you would not real expect that. Canada is homme to me, and that new information will make me be even more careful in the future.

I am not like Leslie in many ways. I am not independant all the time, I depend on others sometimes.

Great Response! I love who you did some research.

DD-QA a dit...

Alicia,

Great response. Where did you get all these facts from? Are they due to a bit of independant research? The statistics are astounding, and I think you're right about no one knowing about most of them.

As I read your response, I wondered how Leslie learned this from her experience. I would think that the rape might have caused her to close off even more not knowing who to trust.

I also like your comment about being careful about who you choose to live with. I have also heard of a lot of people who choose badly and feel trapped in a violent situation. Knowing how to choose is something that should be taught before a person finds him or herself in an unhealthy situation.

Great thoughts about your reading. You have come leaps and bounds in your reading this year, which is saying a lot considering you were already a strong reader.