BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

jeudi 16 juin 2011

RR#2 - The Chrysalids

"I've killed him, Michael. He's quite dead..." Then she slid into a panicky, chaotic thought-shape.
Michael came in, steady and reassuring.
"Don't be scared, Rosalind. You had to do it. This is war, between our kind and theirs. We didn't start it - we've just as much right to exist as they have. You musn't be afraid, Rosalind, dear: you had to do it."

The events in this book make relating this novel to real events in the 1st and 2nd WW easy. Even war related subects are really connectable.

In super famous wars, there was always a need for more soldiers. Most men were forced to go to war, even though killing was the complete opposite of what they believed in. And, man is that hard to do. Not that I have ever killed somebody against my will, but I can just imagine.

I think that David learned to fight for what he believes in. In his town, David's dad was always the big boss. David never got a say and he had to obey without hesitation. Then, he got to the real world. I don't know how he got those amazing leadership skills in 2 hours, but I guess some people have that in them and it just comes naturally in a very small amount of time!

0 commentaires: